Eclipse Cats!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MoonClan Fiction: Chapter 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MoonClan Fiction: Chapter 12 Empty MoonClan Fiction: Chapter 12 Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Darkstar

Darkstar
Leader of DuskClan
Leader of DuskClan

"I can't believe that even though we're warriors, we're still doing apprentice duties" Eagleflight grumbled as he shred moss off a pine.

Starfall twitched her whiskers in her own irritation. "I know.. but it's what comes will the clan having no apprentices."

Starfall and Eagleflight were just outside the camp, gathering bedding for the nursary and elders den. Just then, Skyfrost and Rainclaw emerged from the camp entrance, spitting out dirty moss.

"Grosssss" Skyfrost shook her head with her mouth open, letting her tongue waggle in the air. She then licked her paw. Rainclaw laid the dirty bedding on the ground and began tearing the moss off another close pine.

Starfall caught the eye of her friend, Skyfrost and they both ripped the moss off the trees. "I hope Icekit's apprentice ceremony is soem time soon" Skyfrost said, flustered.

Starfall thought for a moment, trying to remember how old Icekit was. "it shouldn't be too long" she said to Skyfrost. The she-cat snorted her discontentment.

Voices sounded just behind her and Starfall turned her head around to see the Moonhigh patrol leaving the camp. The patrol contained Branchfur, Heatfur, Silverheart and, her own mother, Robingosng.

Heatfur stared at the young warriors as her passed by and said playfully, "Hey! How does it feel being apprentices again?"

Robinsong caught her daughters eye and gave Heatfur a scornful look. The tom shut up immediately but his whiskers were twitching with amusement.

The patrol left their sight, and the four cats grabbed their moss and headed into the camp. They split up and rearranged the beddign in the nursary and the elders den.

Starfall and Skyfrost went to the nursary and placed the bedding for Thristlepelt and Icekit. Thristlepelt was washing herself in the corner of the nursary while icekit was playing with a wad of old moss. When icekit saw the two warriors, she left her play toy and bounded over to them.

"Hiya, hiya!" she said. Icekit was getting to be about half the size of starfall now.

Skyfrost smiled and set down her moss. "Hi Icekit. How's it going?"

"Good! I'm so excited! Guess what?"

"What?" Skyfrost said, amused.

Icekit beamed. "i should be havign my apprentice ceramony very very very very very soon!"

Starfall looked to Thristlepelt who had finished washing and was looking at her child. Seh turned to Starfall and nodded her head.

"Yes, Foxstar came in here while you were out gathering moss and gave us the news. She IS six moons now, and so tomorrow will be her apprentice ceramony.." thristlepelt gleamed at her daughter.

Starfall and Skyfrost shared their joy for a few more minutes then said their goodbyes.

"Rainclaw! Skyfrost! Whitewhistle! Flametail!" Leafblaze named off a hunting party. Starfall sulked at the thought of not going.

skyfrost turned to Starfall and nudges her. "See ya later" and she padded toward Rainclaw.

Starfall walked slowly toward the camp entrance and then out intot he pine forest. Out of the gloom, she heard scuffeling and turned around. she spotted a fuzzy outline of a cat, then the cat burst out to meet her.

"Echo!" she said, and suddenly her spirits were lifted. Echo trodded toward her and sat down beside her.

"I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately" he said, then looked out into the forest with glazed eyes. "i've been a little busy.. checking soem stuff out."

Starfall purred. "It's okay. just as long as you keep coming back. She smiled at him and pressed close to him.

http://darkheart9509.deviantart.com/

2MoonClan Fiction: Chapter 12 Empty Re: MoonClan Fiction: Chapter 12 Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Darkstar

Darkstar
Leader of DuskClan
Leader of DuskClan

Starfall walked beside Echo through the pines for a while. as they walked, she noticed his consitancy. "Echo," she finally said, "Why are you more translucent than usual?" she asked. She was afraid that this meant he owuld be leaving soon, and never coming back.

Echo looked at Starfall and smiled slightly "The other part of me is becoming more whole, and soon the rest of ME will join it." he mewed. Starfall was confused, but then understood. "so you ARE going away?" she felt crestfallen at this news. She'd come to appreciate Echo's company and ability to know things she did not.

He looked at Starfall. She was so sad at the thought of him leaving. but he couldn't tell her the full truth yet, so he looked forward again and left the conversation hanging for now.

http://darkheart9509.deviantart.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum